47 replies to this topic

#1 ostoia

ostoia

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

I just got it and the power of cannons combined with not being freight train is enough to shred everyone to pieces. Beufighter on the other hand seems not as op as some state, I personally don't like it, and keep because there is no fighter to fill the slot. Seriously just don't go straight to it and you will be fine, I actually often hunt them because most players seem to have problems with them. It will become useless if you make bomber like fm for it. I usually end up with 6+ kills, best so far 16, so not complete Ace. Just discovered flaps and then found out that they don't work. And the last thing ramming, learn to avoid it, head on ramming is stupid, getting hit from behind is annoying, but it is valid tactic then bombers just refuse to blow up. Also learn to land. 7 planes landing in the beginning and 8 manage to fail. Comment on any point. All opinions respected, no stupid arguments. Also it automatically changes n00b with ace :D wtf?

#2 DiscorderlyChaos

DiscorderlyChaos

Forum Special Task Force

• Senior Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14 Thanks

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

WALL OF TEXT!!1!!1!!1!

1_zps2e9d177d.jpg2_zps16518d6b.jpg3_zpsfa86f162.jpg

Maniacal best sig maker, ever.

#3 StronkTenk

StronkTenk

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

The developers make the decisions if something is OP not you :yes: .

Also i have noticed more and more threads calling planes OP recently this is not a good sign reminds me of world of tanks.

WT_sig419_zps562eca31.jpgWT_sig415_zps6b6d74be.jpg

If the centurion gets added to the brit line you better be scared germans.

#4 TheSuperPope

TheSuperPope

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

Spitfire II is fine. Those cannons burn through ammo quickly, and the 4 .303s are really anemic

#5 hawker1

hawker1

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

Spitfire if fine nothing to see here move along

fightercommand.png         2mx4tif.png

#6 graysson

graysson

Group captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6 Thanks

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

I find the Boomerangs even better (the Boomerang Mk I more than the Mk II).

It has 2 Hispanos at tier 4 and the can climb up quite a while at 90 degrees.

#7 ostoia

ostoia

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Yes wall of text sorry for that. Good to know I am the only one who thinks that it is op, will probably buy premium plane to get rid of Beufighter, never bothered to check the load out on premiums before. About op topics, well at least I am calling the plane I like op not that biplane that shot me down(so op, they have 4 wings) it will continue to increase since wt is getting more popular, it attracts more people with under developed brain.

#8 Toothless

Toothless

Deleted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Mk.II Spit is fine.

q5jq.png

Was not privileged enough :(                                                           Even WoWp has better economy...

#9 _Gyarados_

_Gyarados_

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

The Spitfires are fine, they used to be a lot more powerful  because they would turn even more ridiculously. Their cannon ammo is so small it goes through it pretty quickly, and it's not very well armored.

Sky Kitties [PBKAC] Is Now Available For All Your Post Tanking Trauma!

#10 Arkanor

Arkanor

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

The Spitfires are fine, they used to be a lot more powerful  because they would turn even more ridiculously. Their cannon ammo is so small it goes through it pretty quickly, and it's not very well armored.

Spitfire turns on the level of a Zero and is faster, cannons are low on ammo but so is the Yak series and the Spit MkII is a more usable airframe (even with the broken as hell USSR flight models).

Right now yeah, it seems just a bit OP.

#11 _Gyarados_

_Gyarados_

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

I don't know man, I just don't have an issue taking them out when flying same tier counterparts such as the P-39Q-5 Airacobra or the F4F-4 Wildcat. My Bf 109s also seem capable of taking them out well enough.

Also, it's nice to see you here Arkanor.

Sky Kitties [PBKAC] Is Now Available For All Your Post Tanking Trauma!

#12 Nerdwing

Nerdwing

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

They're hard to solo, so I just use slashing attacks against them.  If they try and follow me, then just leave and drag them back to buddies.  The Spit II is much more easily handled than it once was, as said above.  That and the Hurricane both used to have a sub-10 second turn time if I remember correctly.

#13 Trilandian

Trilandian

Chronic Malcontent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 Thanks

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

Actually, tier 6 is maybe the most balanced tier in the game ATM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#14 Guest_Nectaria_*

Guest_Nectaria_*
  • Guests
  • Thanks

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

The cannons might have the same ammo load as a Yak, but they are a lot less precise. Spitfire II has one of the craziest repair times at its tier too. It's an ok plane, nothing special, definitely not OP.

#15 Juntauk

Juntauk

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

The developers make the decisions if something is OP not you :yes: .

The OP is entitled to his opinion as well, even if I (or you) don't agree with him. 

The Spitfire Mk 2 is fine I reckon as well... its not over the top in terms of durability and the cannons are like many of those on opponents at the same tier.

#16 Nope

Nope

Glorious Premier of the Soviet Union of Chaikas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 Thanks

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

The Spitfire mk II is not OP and is actually quite realistic in FM as it doesn't climb like the Bf 109s, doesn't climb like the Yaks (VERY odd since their climb speed should be about the same), but still climbs well and is the third best turning plane, first being the Zero, second being the Ki-61s. The Beaufighter isn't at all due to the excessive climb speed.

However, one thing bugs me. Why is the Vb the same as the mk II, maybe even worse than it, yet is rank 8 and the mk II is rank 6? Am I missing something here?

#17 Paavopesusieni1

Paavopesusieni1

Flight lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10 Thanks

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Only planes I find OP is YAK-9T and -3 and LA-5 and -7 and LaGG-3 mainly because of their tiering (should be higher tier). Planes that I find underperforming are many German planes because of overtiering (HE 112 crap series, some BF109s, some Italian crap except Fologre). With the new damage modeling of 1.27 the Emil should be tier 4-5, it get's killed in few shots now so the 2 FF cannons aren't that much of a difference compared to 6 50 cals in tier 4-5.

I find LaGG and YAK-7b much better than Emil though they are 1-3 tiers lower.

#18 Zachev

Zachev

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Not sure why everyone above is stating that it isn't overpowered.  The spitfire is the clear winner in any 1v1 dogfight.  Nobody seems to have stated ANY facts above as to why they believe it is overpowered or not, so I will.

My first thing that I find completely xxxx is that the level 4 spitfire has one of the best turn rates in the game (15.8 seconds).  It turns approximately 5-8 seconds FASTER than ANY USA PLANE IN THE GAME.  I MEAN REALLY WHAT THE xxxx ITS LEVEL 4.  On top of that it has 8 guns, sure they're small (7.7mm) but its 8 at level 4.  The only thing the upgrades of the spitfire do is give it more firepower and reduce its manueverability slightly to the point where the heaviest model is still has a sub 20 second turn rate (19.8) meaning it still turns faster than ANY US plane in the game by .3 seconds or higher.

(The P-39 (lvl 6) turns at a rate of 23 seconds and 22.9 seconds respectfully while the Spitfire mk II (lvl 6) turns at a rate of 17.3 seconds while having a slight disadvantage speed wise which doesn't affect much at all in a 1v1 dogfight.  Both have equal firepower (dual 20mms vs one 37mm as well as quad guns to support).)  This means that no matter what, if you get a decent spitfire on your tail when playing US and flying solo, you're dead unless he's stupid and hits a tree or something.  (Unless you don't mind running away from every spitfire in existence by diving and flying in a straight line while you get potshotted as you inch your way out of range and eventually lead to your death.)

And that's not overpowered?  You all need to stop being such fan boys of the Spitfire and quit knocking people who think (know) otherwise.  Sure you could do a barrel roll and try and counter maneuver or (insert random maneuver here) him but facts are facts the spitfire is clearly superior to every plane in the game in terms of turn rate (While not sacrificing firepower, top speed, or especially climb rate.) which is virtually EVERYTHING in a dogfight.

My point is, something isn't overpowered because you say it is or isn't, just look at the numbers and you can tell when something is imbalanced.  Pilot skill or not the spitfire is clearly imbalanced.

And oh, yea feel free to try and out climb it by your 1-3 m/s difference in climb rate while you have holes blown in your wings to prevent you from climbing away.  It's not enough of a difference in climb rate to actually make a difference in combat.

The developers make the decisions if something is OP not you  :yes: .

Also i have noticed more and more threads calling planes OP recently this is not a good sign reminds me of world of tanks.

Also last time I checked the developers are the xxxxxxx of the players.  If enough players say something is op and list facts as to why they think so then yea its really the communities call.  Some planes are overpowered when compared side by side and some people don't seem to care about that at all. 

And if more and more threads are popping up that's generally a good thing, it means people actually care about the game to make posts stating how it can be improved or balanced.  I personally have spent several hours writing a post for EVE online before because I care about the game a lot.

In short, the spitfire needs a nerf, either across the board slightly or hard in 1 area (turn rate) to bring it down to the level of planes of equal and even higher level.  

#19 PremiumCannon

PremiumCannon

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 Thanks

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

How has it come to this?  Are people here really discussing the Spitfire as OP?  Certainly being trolled here.

#20 Sky_Dancer

Sky_Dancer

double agent for soviets/Japanese,former leader of ACA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

its arcade dude... Brits and japanese dominate cus of well..... turn rate  :good:

RIP in peace Awate, will miss and luv you not

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users