#1 Dovla

Dovla

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Hi everyone,

I recently bought Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick and I have problems with aiming and controling aircraft the way I want to.

Is somebody using this model and getting good results so she/he can share his profile settings file with me.

Thank you

WEP off - throttle slider?

#2 dzy

dzy

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

S! Dovla 

This works fine for me:

http://www.mediafire...xiq172sy1jmm63y

("You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file" so I had to upload it on an external homepage)

!S dzy

!S dzy

tg8s52uu.png  F96NKc1.png

#3 Dovla

Dovla

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

S! Dovla 

This works fine for me:

http://www.mediafire...xiq172sy1jmm63y

("You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file" so I had to upload it on an external homepage)

!S dzy

thank you very much, going to try it now

Dovla

#4 ertai1987

ertai1987

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Here's what I use these days: http://rapidshare.co...37902/Logi4.blk

Bear in mind that its behaviour depends on the view that you use: in the (virtual) cockpit view it's quite stable whereas in the 3rd person view it's as wobbly as the camera work in the average indie avant guarde film.

Also I'll strongly recommend that you don't go head on against anyone and pick Boom-and-zoom'ers.

#5 Dovla

Dovla

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

S! Dovla 

This works fine for me

looks like problem is in me, need much more practice   :(s

#6 Thunderboltz

Thunderboltz

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

The problem is in the game use keyboard and mouse till it gets fixed .I been trying to get joystick to work for 5 months.I have the same  one you have .

beta_sign_2.pngwarthunderHBsig.png

#7 dzy

dzy

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

looks like problem is in me, need much more practice   :(s

The problem is in the game use keyboard and mouse till it gets fixed .I been trying to get joystick to work for 5 months.I have the same  one you have .

Like I said, I dont have problems, it just works fine, so there must be a problem with your settings, maybe you guys could post some screenshots of your controls!

!S dzy

#8 Dovla

Dovla

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Like I said, I dont have problems, it just works fine, so there must be a problem with your settings, maybe you guys could post some screenshots of your controls!

I used your settings, and I also noticed that flying with third person is very dificult, best results I have from cockpit but I cant see well around, and target is many times hidden by some cockpit detail, virtual c, is second best.

Best I got was 1 kill, 1 assist, 1 critical and 15 hits in a game with 4 planes lost. Though I have been trying with joystick for a couple of days only, idk how much time will I need to practice it well enough if ever, cause I am not 15y old quick learner :-)

#9 Dovla

Dovla

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Here's what I use these days: http://rapidshare.co...37902/Logi4.blk

Download not available
Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)

#10 dzy

dzy

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

I used your settings, and I also noticed that flying with third person is very dificult, best results I have from cockpit but I cant see well around, and target is many times hidden by some cockpit detail, virtual c, is second best.

Best I got was 1 kill, 1 assist, 1 critical and 15 hits in a game with 4 planes lost. Though I have been trying with joystick for a couple of days only, idk how much time will I need to practice it well enough if ever, cause I am not 15y old quick learner :-)

Okay that makes sense, I just tested it in HB/FRB with cockpit!

!S dzy

#11 ertai1987

ertai1987

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

Download not available
Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)

Hmm...

What about here?

http://www.filefacto...kpl/n/Logi4_blk

#12 Dovla

Dovla

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Hmm...

What about here?

http://www.filefacto...kpl/n/Logi4_blk

that worked, gonna try it now

tnx

#13 chevron

chevron

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

hey,

sorry for my stupid question, but how do I use the downloaded .blk file with warthunder? I got Logitech Profiler but can't import it. Never done it before, so I could need some advise here :-)

#14 Dovla

Dovla

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

hey,

sorry for my stupid question, but how do I use the downloaded .blk file with warthunder? I got Logitech Profiler but can't import it. Never done it before, so I could need some advise here :-)

in control options there is an option to export control setting (disk symbol) and to import-load setting (envelope sybmbol), when you click it it will open windows file chooser window

downloaded blk file place in war thunder main directory so you dont have to browse around for it

#15 butterius

butterius

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Hi please listen to me lol, i have the same joystick an have done a ton of research, i get the same scores u say lol, watch this video, its not you or the joystick, its the game :(... War Thunder:Joystick vs Mouse Control - YouTube

#16 IronWorks

IronWorks

Grumman products fanboy extraordinaire

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 Thanks

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

I KNOW it's the game.  Joystick works fine in:

Rise of Flight

IL-2:1946

Cliffs of Dover

DCS A-10/Blackshark

WOWP

FSX

FS9

But not this one particular game. 

"Build it strong.  Keep it simple. Make it work."  -Roy Grumman

No war in history has ever been won or lost by the comparison of performance charts.

#17 MuteMachine

MuteMachine

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

So how's the progress on configurations?? I downloaded you're profile and its not bad but still not KB n M good, any more changed you have done to fix it up??

Also is there any word from the devs that the joystick will be more optimised??

#18 Flyerman

Flyerman

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

First of all, this is not 100% solution. I`m testing this. I spend about 2 hours a day to do this. I hope this help a bit. Now the "wobble" is a bit smaller, but, the plane "moving" (slow motion not speed:) ) a bit... slower. You should try it and share your opinion. Maybe... maybe.

Ok, here we go.

1. Logitech Profiler. For all Axes.

26a85d28b547.jpg

2. General Controls.

94767975446f.jpg

3. Pitch, Roll and Yaw on the last pictures.

0418b6103989.jpg

57deeae40a2d.jpg

bfb89f749ec9.jpg

Untill now played only test mission and trying aiming and shooting to this lorry (truck) on the ground. Realistic set up. You need to move your stick slow and carefull ;)

If someones find out something better or some mistake - any ideas will be appreciaed.

And sorry for my English.

I can`t attach these files (Logitech Profiler and conf from WT).

Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file

Here is two files. The first is the xml - Logitech Profiler, and the second one WT config. 7Zipped.

http://www.mediafire...dnh622i7fk6tdd6

Edited by col_Kurtz, 01 March 2013 - 12:02 AM.

OS Win XP Pro SP 3, GPU HD 4850 Top, CPU E-2160 1.80 oc. 2.85, RAM Geil DDR2 800MHz                  Realistic Battles aka Historical - Tanks

#19 Phelebas

Phelebas

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:24 AM

Thank you for posting your settings. Your setup will definitely reduce the 'wobble'. However your ability to control the plane will also be severely affected because of your very high dead zone, low sensitivity and linearity. Is it a good compromise? Not for me.

Frankly there is no setup that will overcome the inherent joystick issues in this game. I have given up trying to use a joystick until Gaijin improve the control engine.

#20 Flyerman

Flyerman

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

You right. No compromises. But I`m trying. Maybe somenones from devs will look a bit on this - I hope.

:yes:

OS Win XP Pro SP 3, GPU HD 4850 Top, CPU E-2160 1.80 oc. 2.85, RAM Geil DDR2 800MHz                  Realistic Battles aka Historical - Tanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users