Crew qualification bonuses?

30 replies to this topic

#1 Venrai

Venrai

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

There are several theories going around when talking about crew upgrades, but what I'd like to know are the befefits of upgrading the crew qualification.

I know that for Expert qualification (1st level) +30 bonus to the Keen Vision, Visibility, Fire Accuracy, Fire Precision, Repair Speed and Reload Speed.

But what does the next one give you? And how many more are after that.

Is it worth dumping points into stuff just to go for these early on?

#2 Schrecklichkeit

Schrecklichkeit

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

+20, and no more qualifications after that

#3 G0MEZ

G0MEZ

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:12 AM

The next and final level is Ace status, and gives a total of +50 to the attributes you mentioned. Ace status in a plane costs golden eagles.

mustangsig.jpg

#4 Venrai

Venrai

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

Thanks for the info. I've updated the wiki.

#5 Crusaderx

Crusaderx

Squadron leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 Thanks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

on the wiki it states,

Ace qualification (2nd level) gives +20 (for a total of +50) to the same skills. This upgrade requires Golden Eagles.

how much of an advantage would this give a person willing to pay for this with real money?

Would this be classed as pay to win and cause unbalance between players spending money on crew and players that don't?

Thanks.

tank_is_3m_and_t_34_85_by_karatsupa-d41g     220px-Johnmccraememorialbookcloseup02.JP     A.-CAC-CA-12.-VH-XBL.-Parafield.-S.A.-30

#6 CatinHat

CatinHat

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

on the wiki it states,

Ace qualification (2nd level) gives +20 (for a total of +50) to the same skills. This upgrade requires Golden Eagles.

how much of an advantage would this give a person willing to pay for this with real money?

Would this be classed as pay to win and cause unbalance between players spending money on crew and players that don't?

Thanks.

It is hard to stay, planes don't last that long if someone hits them. If it was a tank or warship then maybe. I don't see a point in getting ace level.

#7 Dbaron

Dbaron

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

The difference between Expert and Ace status, lets say for the repair skill is about 4 secs if repairing on the airfield during a game and about the same for the reload skill in arcade.

beta_sign_1.pngfan_sign_2.png

#8 Snib

Snib

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

What else would you class it at, lol? Competitive advantages available only for real money are the text book definition of pay2win.

#9 Dbaron

Dbaron

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

What else would you class it at, lol? Competitive advantages available only for real money are the text book definition of pay2win.

Its not really pay2win, the difference between Expert and Ace is marginal and wont let you rake up all that didnt upgrade. The Expert state is achievable with Lions so every1 can do it.

#10 Snib

Snib

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Its not really pay2win, the difference between Expert and Ace is marginal and wont let you rake up all that didnt upgrade. The Expert state is achievable with Lions so every1 can do it.

If you pay real money you get a 67% higher crew skill bonus than you can achieve with in game currency. It is a textbook example of a pay 2 win mechanic. And we all know there are others in this game, e.g. certain very unbalanced real money planes. Deal with it.

#11 Atheos1337

Atheos1337

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

If you pay real money you get a 67% higher crew skill bonus than you can achieve with in game currency. It is a textbook example of a pay 2 win mechanic. And we all know there are others in this game, e.g. certain very unbalanced real money planes. Deal with it.

U are dumb, really. crew lvl dont make u better, not even a little u can still die as fast as a plane without a good crew.

I fly every plane like it was Irish, stagger about the sky and fight anyone in front of you. :crazy:

#12 spittoon

spittoon

Air marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 Thanks
[H2H] Head2Head

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

all my crews are aced with gold, and i'm still terrible...

i couldn't imagine how bad i would be, without ace qual

#13 Snib

Snib

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

U are dumb, really.

I must be, I am nothing vis-à-vis your superior way to lead a discussion. As always, good luck in life, you'll need it.

#14 Trilandian

Trilandian

Chronic Malcontent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 Thanks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

It is pay-2-win, but a very small instane of it. Considering the massive advantage you can get with accelerated training (I've spent 300-350 gold on each of my crew's training (19 crews)), it's not that big a deal. Being able to skip your crew ahead like that, however, is.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Thank from 1 User:

#15 Dbaron

Dbaron

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

If you are a terrible pilot, you will get shot down with or without crew skills. If you are a great pilot, you probably would shoot the other guy anyway, with or without crew skills. If you really think the ACE crew skills gives any real advantage ... what it DOES give you, is time saving. Like most people here I guess, I am working and in my spare time I play to relax, what I am not going to do anymore is grind and farm stuff, that wasnt even fun when I was in my early 20s and definitly isnt anymore now. If you consider that a big advantage that I ace´d my crew ahead of time with a 3 sec bonus, so be it.

#16 Crusaderx

Crusaderx

Squadron leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 Thanks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

If you are a terrible pilot, you will get shot down with or without crew skills. If you are a great pilot, you probably would shoot the other guy anyway, with or without crew skills. If you really think the ACE crew skills gives any real advantage ... what it DOES give you, is time saving. Like most people here I guess, I am working and in my spare time I play to relax, what I am not going to do anymore is grind and farm stuff, that wasnt even fun when I was in my early 20s and definitly isnt anymore now. If you consider that a big advantage that I ace´d my crew ahead of time with a 3 sec bonus, so be it.

Thanks for clarifying that.

tank_is_3m_and_t_34_85_by_karatsupa-d41g     220px-Johnmccraememorialbookcloseup02.JP     A.-CAC-CA-12.-VH-XBL.-Parafield.-S.A.-30

#17 Snib

Snib

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

It is pay-2-win, but a very small instane of it. Considering the massive advantage you can get with accelerated training (I've spent 300-350 gold on each of my crew's training (19 crews)), it's not that big a deal. Being able to skip your crew ahead like that, however, is.

I never commented on the magnitude of the advantage of the first mechanic, so I do not disagree.

As to the latter mechanic, it does give you an advantage, but just for a while until free players catch up. Same as a premium account, it simply makes you advance faster. That's not commonly referred to as pay2win, at least not in the strict understanding of the term. It's just what comes with the F2P territory.

#18 Trilandian

Trilandian

Chronic Malcontent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 Thanks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

I never commented on the magnitude of the advantage of the first mechanic, so I do not disagree.

As to the latter mechanic, it does give you an advantage, but just for a while until free players catch up. Same as a premium account, it simply makes you advance faster. That's not commonly referred to as pay2win, at least not in the strict understanding of the term. It's just what comes with the F2P territory.

It's not strictly, dictionary-defined pay2win, but look at it this way: A battle nets you somewhere between 0-100 crew XP in total. A single acceleration for 100 gold nets you 1,500 crew XP. I accelerated every one of my 19 planes with at least 3 "doses" of 100 gold, for a total of about 90,000 crew XP. That means that it would take a non-paying player without a premium account about 1.8K battles (!!!) to catch up to me in terms of crew skill, and all it cost me was like $30. Does that seem legit to you?

Edited by Trilandian, 08 February 2013 - 07:08 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#19 Navani

Navani

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 Thanks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

pay2win = you pay so you have an advantage over others that don't pay. It doesn't mean some1 wins automatically if you pay.

So in this case its marginally but its still pay2win.

Edit:

To many people are not aware or don't handle to what P2W means. Like dogma Charlie for example: ''Yea but its just a little advantage so it is not pay 2 win :crazy: ''.  The ideaology is evil. P2W is having an advantage over non payers, doesn't matter how big the advantage is. With expert you have +30, with ace you have +50 on many stats, the difference is not big but notciable. And with reload speeds the p2w factor becomes a lot higher, not with the other stats as much tbh.

Pay for time is something different, But it can be exaggerating like WoT if you dont pay at all and want to play all tanks with 100% crew it takes on a (no)life time.

Pay for content/time is for example buying premium tanks/planes/ships. In WoT a premium tank is sometimes 40 or 50 Euro, if you imagine how many tanks there are in game its like paying 50 Euros for less than 1% of the tankcontent. But it has double credits.

IRL they need to stop these war machine nonsense and instead use the money to help people.

Thank from 1 User:

#20 Snib

Snib

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

It's not strictly, dictionary-defined pay2win, but look at it this way: A battle nets you somewhere between 0-100 crew XP in total. A single acceleration for 100 gold nets you 1,500 crew XP. I accelerated every one of my 19 planes with at least 3 "doses" of 100 gold, for a total of about 90,000 crew XP. That means that it would take a non-paying player without a premium account about 1.8K battles (!!!) to catch up to me in terms of crew skill, and all it cost me was like $30. Does that seem legit to you?

Hey, I always said that WoT has one of the most lenient F2P models out there, refusing to straight up sell XP like they do in this game here, for example. As to it being legit to do so... hmm, I think have a problem with the term. These games are free to play as much as they are free to walk away from them, so if we don't like a game's economic model we suffer no loss.

While I somewhat miss the times where you would buy a full price game and then were able to compete with all other players on a level playing field, the reality is that the market has embraced the F2P model and the grind it includes. I've never been a grinder and I typically get extra enjoyment out of beating better equipped players, so it works out for me I guess.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users