102 replies to this topic

#1 DionDiBlank

DionDiBlank

Warrant officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

I just bought the beaufighter and decided to try out killing some gremlins in it. Man did I get a surprise! Do you think it's overpowered? Take a look at this gameplay. Ended up getting 17 kills, 1 death with these flying machines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM53TBwBb-o

Link to the channel: http://www.youtube.com/KrebsCOHO

Dion Di War Thunder

http://www.youtube.com/DionDiBlank

#2 Trebs

Trebs

Aircraftman

• Ground Forces Tester
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

It has no FM....

More and more players from wot :taunt:

TrebsHptm2.png

#3 F1zzzy90908

F1zzzy90908

Gangsta Kitty

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 Thanks

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

Dude how many slots have you got there?

#4 jayxer

jayxer

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

No, you're using mouse aim.... It's not even a challenge to get kills with unlimited vertical and mouse aim. Man up and play realistic mode if you think you're really that good. No mouse aiming allowed there.

#5 A101001101101011

A101001101101011

Sergeant

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

No, you're using mouse aim.... It's not even a challenge to get kills with unlimited vertical and mouse aim. Man up and play realistic mode if you think you're really that good. No mouse aiming allowed there.

HB  and FRB forums over there >>> in other words get out!!  :yes_yes:

#6 DionDiBlank

DionDiBlank

Warrant officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

:facepalm:

Dion Di War Thunder

http://www.youtube.com/DionDiBlank

#7 T4nK83

T4nK83

Warrant officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

I just bought the beaufighter and decided to try out killing some gremlins in it. Man did I get a surprise! Do you think it's overpowered? Take a look at this gameplay. Ended up getting 17 kills, 1 death with these flying machines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM53TBwBb-o

Link to the channel: http://www.youtube.com/KrebsCOHO

I'd like to know what your control settings are, when I use my Mouse and Keyboard I can't as much control as you do. But the Mouse Aim is assisting you, you can see that, especially when your first lighting up targets from 1.0km - 2.0km away.

#8 Apocalypse_Late

Apocalypse_Late

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

I feel as if they are too durable for how fast they can get away from you, and how much damage they can dish out.  I am far too much of a scrub to reliably shoot at wings.

965ed21b487d452caac72f1.jpg

#9 MarraCat

MarraCat

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

it doesnt turn tight enough so it balances it out, u got jump on em all and with 4x20mm there was no time to say foooo XD

#10 DSWBeef

DSWBeef

Aircraftman

• Ground Forces Tester
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

The Guns are amazing but its big and doesnt turn well. It also seems like its wings are really weak. 1-2 bursts into the wings and their gone. BF against bombers is OP but dog fighting? Not so much. I use it ONLY as a bomber hunter.

8tru6smk.pngtg8s52uu.png                        

#11 SeraphicRadiance

SeraphicRadiance

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

The Guns are amazing but its big and doesnt turn well. It also seems like its wings are really weak. 1-2 bursts into the wings and their gone. BF against bombers is OP but dog fighting? Not so much. I use it ONLY as a bomber hunter.

Compared to the BF110 or the Me410, the Beaufighter is practically a B-17 when it comes to taking shots. Half the time you won't feel the shot that kills you in the German heavy fighters. Both Beaufighters will also run rings around the Me410.

The Beaufighter is overperforming right now, but that is exclusively because of a placeholder flight and damage model.

#12 _ElPilot_

_ElPilot_

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

Said it before, saying it again. This mouse-aim "cheat" is really destroying the fun here... Just look how ridiculously easily in that video you can line up the guns and with a single shot the other guy is dead.

Do the same with joystick, in this flying game - I dare you...

And yes yes, blahblah, I know this is the arcade mode but this is a flight game for crying out loud. Not a first-person-shooter-walking-running-jumping game. (you are not supposed to get faster lap times in any driving game without a proper wheel/pedals either..)

("cheat" in quotes as it's more of a bug really, and not accusing the players of course)

#13 Wenin

Wenin

Air marshal

• Community Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

Said it before, saying it again. This mouse-aim "cheat" is really destroying the fun here... Just look how ridiculously easily in that video you can line up the guns and with a single shot the other guy is dead.

Do the same with joystick, in a flying game - I dare you...

("cheat" in quotes as it's more of a bug really)

I know enough guys who have enough problems flying with mouseaim.

It's imho more a problem that the experienced ones don't move up to "higher skilled" battles like HB/FRB:

qCUTqGz.jpgy3bncgs2.jpgizzmt9ld.png
"Even if we were to place at your feet all the flowers of the earth, they would not be a big enough tribute to your valor." The Pilots of the Normandie Niemen Fighter Regiment about the Night Witches http://forum.warthun...-useful-topics/

#14 _ElPilot_

_ElPilot_

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Yea, I would really like to fly HB/FRB but it's always a long wait to get in, and I dislike the "die once->get out" rules there (which are for a reason anyways). Some middle way between the current arcade and real battles with proper control requirements but respawns in arcade style would be great.

#15 SandmanX

SandmanX

Sergeant

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

No, quad 20mm at rank 5, or quad 20mm and 4x12,7mm at rank6 is fine... LOL.

End of passion play, crumbling away
I'm your source of self-destruction
Veins that pump with fear, sucking darkest clear
Leading on your death's construction

#16 Wenin

Wenin

Air marshal

• Community Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

Yea, I would really like to fly HB/FRB but it's always a long wait to get in, and I dislike the "die once->get out" rules there (which are for a reason anyways). Some middle way between the current arcade and real battles with proper control requirements but respawns in arcade style would be great.

I would like that mode too. Leaving the current Arcarde mode for starters and "only sometimes" players, and create a ... "Real-Arcarde", with respawn and reload but more realistic FMs

@Beaufighter: It's not OP. It's a mixture from missing FM and too early access to it (too low rank).

qCUTqGz.jpgy3bncgs2.jpgizzmt9ld.png
"Even if we were to place at your feet all the flowers of the earth, they would not be a big enough tribute to your valor." The Pilots of the Normandie Niemen Fighter Regiment about the Night Witches http://forum.warthun...-useful-topics/

#17 G0MEZ

G0MEZ

Officer cadet

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

Do the same with joystick, in this flying game - I dare you...

And yes yes, blahblah, I know this is the arcade mode but this is a flight game for crying out loud. Not a first-person-shooter-walking-running-jumping game. (you are not supposed to get faster lap times in any driving game without a proper wheel/pedals either..)

("cheat" in quotes as it's more of a bug really, and not accusing the players of course)

There's nothing wrong with mouse aim; stop the qq please.

On topic: yup, the Beaufighter is probably quite overtuned. On the flip-side, I see pilots get way too cocky in that thing, and end up wasting the troll potential.  

mustangsig.jpg

#18 _ElPilot_

_ElPilot_

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

There's nothing wrong with mouse aim; stop the qq please.

Sorry, explain please why there is nothing wrong, when people using mouse aim have superior advantage in aiming and shooting over people using joysticks or other such (proper!!) control devices.

The playing field should be level, that's the only point. Currently it's far from that.

(Well, this is indeed offtopic now)

#19 F1zzzy90908

F1zzzy90908

Gangsta Kitty

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

No, quad 20mm at rank 5, or quad 20mm and 4x12,7mm at rank6 is fine... LOL.

It's actually 6 12.7mm machine guns.

#20 F1zzzy90908

F1zzzy90908

Gangsta Kitty

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

Sorry, explain please why there is nothing wrong, when people using mouse aim have superior advantage in aiming and shooting over people using joysticks or other such (proper!!) control devices.

The playing field should be level, that's the only point. Currently it's far from that.

(Well, this is indeed offtopic now)

There is nothing wrong with it because we are playing ARCADE.

Edited by Trojan, 06 February 2013 - 02:10 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users