#1 FlatulentFox

FlatulentFox

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Hi folks,

I'm intrigued by the interface showing Aviation / Fleet / Army and wondered how these are planned to be implemented in War Thunder?

Will the game be split into 3 separate vehicle battle types -  I.E. all Tanks v Tanks,Planes v Planes ect, or will it be mixed up option to play as all 3 types in a mission?

Perhaps these could be mission options already planned,as I recall seeing 'World War' option somewhere back in the closed beta?

Very interested to hear whats planned regarding these areas.

Many thanks,

SSD

sm537n.png

#2 _Kanrei_

_Kanrei_

Group captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5 Thanks

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

I was wondering about this too. I cant see Planes and Tanks in same battle, as ground target can be wiped by planes in few min on higher tiers :)

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry"   Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms, 1929

#3 SteeeveMaddennn

SteeeveMaddennn

(NemesisVS)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 Thanks

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

we will get both, mixed mode and separate ones

It killed me it needs a nerf!!

#4 Gaspote

Gaspote

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

I'm so much impatient to have ships.

1359113493-frenchbadge.png

#5 Wenin

Wenin

Air marshal

• Community Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 Thanks

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

I'm so much impatient to have ships.

Me too... can't wait to fire 46cm Guns from Yamato :D

qCUTqGz.jpgy3bncgs2.jpgizzmt9ld.png
"Even if we were to place at your feet all the flowers of the earth, they would not be a big enough tribute to your valor." The Pilots of the Normandie Niemen Fighter Regiment about the Night Witches http://forum.warthun...-useful-topics/

#6 Apocalypse_Late

Apocalypse_Late

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

I want a Tiger that isn't a total cupcake.  Hopefully we'll have some suitably large maps.

I'm assuming I'll be disappointed, but meh.

965ed21b487d452caac72f1.jpg

#7 PL_Andrev

PL_Andrev

Marshal of the Air Force

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 Thanks

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

we will get both, mixed mode and separate ones

No mixed mode at my sources...

Could you post the link for info about mixed battles?

Want to play tanks at this map? Vote: http://forum.warthun...s/#entry3123115
Posted Image

#8 Dbaron

Dbaron

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

"We will get both, mixed mode and separate ones" Was wondering about that too, any official source?

beta_sign_1.pngfan_sign_2.png

#9 SteeeveMaddennn

SteeeveMaddennn

(NemesisVS)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

"We will get both, mixed mode and separate ones" Was wondering about that too, any official source?

I definitely read that somewhere but it is months ago. I tried to find it for an hour yesterday. It was stated somewhere on the homepage.

It killed me it needs a nerf!!

#10 W4lt3r

W4lt3r

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Well, if they're going to put tanks and planes and ships into same battle maps.. There's bound to be Anti-air vehicles.

Probably player driven tanks will not have marker icons on them, making them bit harder to spot by high flying aircraft. And if the AA vehicles are decent enough (US had one with twin 40mm Bofors for example), they could pose pretty serious threat to low flying planes. And would probably run with lot smaller repair bills then planes.

#11 Interceptor11

Interceptor11

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Of course there will be mixed mode. Thats the whole point of this game...

warthunderwotsig.png  USAfans.png   

#12 W4lt3r

W4lt3r

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

And if it's done right, it'll nail the last nail to the coffin of WG's game series for me at least.

#13 HBiT

HBiT

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

they mentioned about the mixed mode in one of those early interviews if i remember correctly, or maybe it was in russian dev q&a can't be arsed to check right now.

it makes no sense to not have a combined arms mode. no sense at all. also you shouldnt be so worried about the balance, i've played a lot of sims with combined arms and trust me that it's not exactly easy to spot a tank sitting under a tree from the air :). obviously you won't have those gps markers on player tanks.

#14 _Kanrei_

_Kanrei_

Group captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

it makes no sense to not have a combined arms mode. no sense at all. also you shouldnt be so worried about the balance, i've played a lot of sims with combined arms and trust me that it's not exactly easy to spot a tank sitting under a tree from the air :). obviously you won't have those gps markers on player tanks.

Maybe you are right, there are differnt ways to make it work, Im just worry how it will play out with tanks when planes can take out most of them without big problem and as tank you dont rly have any way to defend yourself - thats biggest concern for me .

Ships can ofc survive longer and most of them have AA to defend them against planes.

One way or another, we can hope for something epic if battle will be mixed with planes tanks and ships :)

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry"   Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms, 1929

#15 PL_Andrev

PL_Andrev

Marshal of the Air Force

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Not sure about that.

All kind of war machines in one game modes - yes.

AI support (like tanks now) - yes.

But no mixed mode - source here:

Developers said:

For other types (tanks, ships) of equipment will have separate modes or fight will be all together?

There will be a joint mode, and for each type of equipment separately.

Unfortunately the original source is not longer available (and in the RU language only).

Want to play tanks at this map? Vote: http://forum.warthun...s/#entry3123115
Posted Image

#16 HBiT

HBiT

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

PL_Andrev:

Mixed, Joint mode, we're talking about the same thing, as in tanks, planes and ships all in one mode :)

#17 Scotia_SW

Scotia_SW

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

High lvl bombers have a hard time hitting moving targets, low lvl bombers and going to get plenty incoming fire from tank commanders gun, also they could incorperate mobile flak trucks that ppl can man and cover tanks.

just a few thoughts.

#18 HBiT

HBiT

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

from my experience with other sims, there will be a fight for air superiority, if one side gains it, it will become hell for the other sides ground units, but if no air superiority is gained planes have very little time to do low level passes to spot individual tanks hiding under trees and such.

ships are kinda iffy, on the one hand they pack a nice selection of aa defences but then again are big targets and no means to hide, but i think it's fair to say that ground unit damage models are far from finished atm.

#19 W4lt3r

W4lt3r

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

ships are kinda iffy, on the one hand they pack a nice selection of aa defences but then again are big targets and no means to hide, but i think it's fair to say that ground unit damage models are far from finished atm.

Just think of the combined AA from a squad or flotilla of 4 Iowa's moving in a formation.. That's almost half a thousand AA guns firing to the air.

#20 HBiT

HBiT

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

fair enough, and from what i've seen players get crazy good aiming with their aaa, this causes an interesting dynamic where flyboys refuse to come to aaa covered zones until ground pounders have dealt with them..

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users