37 replies to this topic

#21 nosensu

nosensu

Pilot officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Couldn't this be a result of the server/launcher bottlenecking do to the number of people downloading?

No. It is because people stop seeding after download and start playing.

yes but is whole game... i dont see any reason why to donwload 7 gb game instead off 1,9gb patch ....    40b/s telephone dial up connection .... i though we r in 21 century...

It checks files and downloads only what is missing or corrupted. Something went wrong with your update. I downloaded 2GB in two hours (torrent client) Two players were seeding with 200+ KB/s . Thank you ! :)

#22 Trixie_Lulamoon

Trixie_Lulamoon

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

It checks files and downloads only what is missing or corrupted. Something went wrong with your update. I downloaded 2GB in two hours (torrent client) Two players were seeding with 200+ KB/s . Thank you ! :)

Riiiiiight, just readabout the launcher also being a torrent client.

WoT - Pinkie_Pew_Pew  |  Hawken - Commander_Pinkie_Pie  |  Brony, Christian, Damned Proud Of It  |  WT FTW!

The One-Man Member of the Not Using the Proper WWII German Flag Just Because of the Connotations of the Swastika Is Immature and Silly Party.

#23 radek3057

radek3057

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Couldn't this be a result of the server/launcher bottlenecking do to the number of people downloading?

again .... is peer to peer, i donwload this crap for 4 hours and still 0,6 gb missing.... iff i close the downloader and open it downloading comes up to 0,7 kb/s but in 1 minute fall down to 20-50Kb/s and sometimes show me like 20b/s ... this is one big fail...

#24 Bugsquash

Bugsquash

Pilot officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4 Thanks

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Down to 80 BYTES (NOT kb!)/sec at times for me :p

#25 radek3057

radek3057

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Sorry Natrix,bcs iam sure that problem is not that pll wont seed,but problem is on gaijin side... how can happen that iff i start downloader speed is about 0.7 mb/s but in 1-2 minutes it fall to 0-10 kb/s ... this is not seed problem...

#26 hipeanut

hipeanut

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Currently getting max 3kb/s lowest of about 50b/s, this thing is bloody seeding at my maximum speed which is decimating my internet, I NEED a way of limiting that seeding speed. Its going to take between 2 hours to a day to download 11mb this is disturbing, they really need to host their own damn patches.

#27 VoodooWaffe

VoodooWaffe

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

I got a really xxxx d/l speed from the patch, but when I ran it minimised it went up to 150~400kb/s. Everytime I ran it popped up, it'd dip to like 8kb/s again.

109.pngrjSKjK8.png

#28 HeavenArt

HeavenArt

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Can some one post the address of the trackers to download the client with a dedicated bittorrent client? When I downloaded the torrent it came with no trackers and because of it doesn't download any thing...

warthunder_1.27.14.1.torrent

#29 nosensu

nosensu

Pilot officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

Sorry Natrix,bcs iam sure that problem is not that pll wont seed,but problem is on gaijin side... how can happen that iff i start downloader speed is about 0.7 mb/s but in 1-2 minutes it fall to 0-10 kb/s ... this is not seed problem...

There is no throttle bandwidth in WT updater seeding. After some time yor uplad speed blocks your download.  Notice you can't browse web pages when you updating even with 10 kb/s ( at least on windows XP ). Use torrent client and 0.7 mb/s stays all the time. So problem on gaijin side is crappy updater.

Can some one post the address of the trackers to download the client with a dedicated bittorrent client? When I downloaded the torrent it came with no trackers and because of it doesn't download any thing...

I use "utorrent" client and it worked with warthunder_1.27.14.1.torrent. :dntknw: In the meantime there was small 15MB patch. Maybe they changed something in the file.

#30 Dendy50

Dendy50

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Try my "solution" ! I turn on the launcher...the download speed is increasing until it reaches my max bandwith speed...then the speed starts falling...when it reaches slow speeds below 200KB/, turn off the launcher,,,and turn it on again...again it starts to download at max. speed and slowly goes down..repeat till you download the whole patch...in my case it downloads 100-200 MB in 2 minutes but it is still significantly faster then running it for the whole day with approx. 800B - 50KB/s....I used this solution on my last 600MB of the latest patch...I waited 35 minutes and now Im finally playing  ;)wt

betasig.png  svksignture2.png sigcockpituser.png jjoystickuser.png

#31 BonaC

BonaC

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

I've got no extra upload bandwith (limited to 25kb/s), been downloading the game for two days now, atm doing 8-10 kb/s on a 5 Mbps connection.

This game should better be GOOD to even up the score, since the launcher software is... Well, to put it nicely, even some other launchers that locked up my computer or even greeted me with a BSoD were better, at least they gave me good speeds.

#32 Mythryndir

Mythryndir

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

You are usng torrent. WT updater is torent client  (worst ever). You can download torrent link ( bottom of the launcher screen) and download the game with any torrent client you want (recomended).

Ok... well took your advice and downloaded (over 2 days) with UTorrent from the link at the bottom. I click the only exe I see.. called "aces.exe" ... says WARNING.. you have started the game directly.. do you want to use the update checker? I click yes.. nothing happens. I click no.. it prompts me to login (which I do).. then says game loading... then connecting to server.. then gives a "game error" with a code... says I have to update via the launcher.. then puts me to the same launcher game download I started with (like I do not have the game downloaded).... at 7GB.. crawling. Thought you corrected me that this would not happen, and it would work properly when downed via torrent?? Seems I am back to square one... with 1111 days to download, again. 

#33 BonaC

BonaC

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

Ok... well took your advice and downloaded (over 2 days) with UTorrent from the link at the bottom. I click the only exe I see.. called "aces.exe" ... says WARNING.. you have started the game directly.. do you want to use the update checker? I click yes.. nothing happens. I click no.. it prompts me to login (which I do).. then says game loading... then connecting to server.. then gives a "game error" with a code... says I have to update via the launcher.. then puts me to the same launcher game download I started with (like I do not have the game downloaded).... at 7GB.. crawling. Thought you corrected me that this would not happen, and it would work properly when downed via torrent?? Seems I am back to square one... with 1111 days to download, again. 

You have to put those files you downloaded from the torrent to the right folder under C:/Program Files (x86)/War Thunder and then launch the launcher software, which recognizes the files. Complicated, yes.

I also finally after three days managed to download the game, which wasn't half bad for an open beta.

#34 iKillGR

iKillGR

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Tryed to download the game from torrent client and there were 1.500 seeders and 10.000 leechers...so speed was bit slow(aprox.60-120Kb/s)tho luancher seems to be better when I do the restart lancher ''trick''  :smoke:

A real pain in the xxx but the game worth it as I see it in most of the youtubers...

#35 very_funny

very_funny

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

There is no throttle bandwidth in WT updater seeding. After some time yor uplad speed blocks your download.  Notice you can't browse web pages when you updating even with 10 kb/s ( at least on windows XP ). Use torrent client and 0.7 mb/s stays all the time. So problem on gaijin side is crappy updater.

Exactly. The problem is a P2P client (launcher), which does not set the upload bandwidth. Typical DSL / ADSL connection need 10-20% free upload to keep full download.
Gaijin should give players the option of choosing connection type (or upload/download bandwidth), or do WORKING script that automatically detects parameters.

[edit]

Solution (external programs):

http://forum.warthun...lls-connection/

Some network theory (for beginners):

Edited by AGD, 12 February 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#36 ASKARIvShadow

ASKARIvShadow

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

every time i bring the game up it starts downloading "new" things when the 1.27as releesed age's ago. Plus 958b/s download speed with my triple core proceser. PLEASE HELP ME

#37 Silverbird

Silverbird

Banned

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 Thanks

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

every time i leave seeding on it screws up my internet completely, to the point that i cant even browse webpages xD

i wish they'd leave the checkbox for seeding "off" so i'd stop forgetting about it and wondering "wth is wrong with my internet connection"...

#38 NickTheGreek

NickTheGreek

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

What AGC said solve it for me!! u just download the Netbalancer 5.2.1(free version)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users