Photo

Lassar responds - Current and Future aircraft and their Armament/Damage Models.

1957 replies to this topic

#1441 Falckion

Falckion

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:37 AM

So you've responded to the Me 263 by saying you have no plans to introduce more rocket planes anytime soon. I get that.

So then, the question is do you think you will ever come back to it, perhaps? It's just so pretty :x

#1442 FuryMkI

FuryMkI

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 Thanks

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:46 AM

Currently ingame the Typhoon's (All Variants) can only mount x2 250lb bombs or x2 500lb bombs, But i was just wondering when it will get its historical load (And most common loadout) of Rockets?

Spoiler

As we can see here it can hold up to 6 per wing (I have also seen 8 per wing but that may be a little too much)

Spoiler

Your first picture only shows 4 rockets per wing ( for some reason when quoting you the picture disappeared ?) 2 of those rockets being the less known High Explosive Fragmentation.

8 rockets was the most common loadout, the 12 rocket configuration was rarely used actually, as much as a few days by at least 609 squadron, the installation was described as quite complicated to install, and quite cumbersome to fly with, adding to it the fact that the duplex mounted rocket couldn't be fired separately , once fired they sometimes tended to have an awkward trajectory...

And to go further, a 16 rockets configuration was tested and approved but never used operationally, the climb rate was even poorer, it reduced its max speed even more, and considerably extended the take-off run, something impractical on the short runways the Typhoons used operationally.

Uhm, They cant, I dont have the option too  8/s

Edit : Here's Proof. Only the Late can mount rockets

Indeed only the Late version can mount rockets, first Typhoon being modified tu use rockets around September 43. the Typhoon Ia/Ib are too "early" version to have them.

ah my mistake, then get yourself a late old boy, the tempests both should be able to mount rockets but they can't either :'(

The Tempest MKV never used rockets operationally, they only started to use 500 lb bombs only at a very late stage of the war, now I might be wrong but, I think Gaijin has a policy to add only stuff that were used operationally ? 

Here are my 2 questions then  :)s

The Tempest MKII however did use rockets, do you plan to add them in a later stage ? 

and for the Typhoon Ib/late an interesting addition would be the 2x1000 lb bombs, which they were cleared to use by april 1944, will they ever be implemented ?  

Edit: uuh, why my post look so awkwardly distorted ?  8/s

Pacifica (29 August 2014 - 07:41 AM):
I have noticed this too... I have passed it on to see whats going on

Edited by FuryMkI, 29 August 2014 - 05:44 AM.

#1443 Extreme_360

Extreme_360

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:53 AM

The Cut off year is 1953 (Meaning up to the end of 1953), Venom's first flight was on December 29th 1953, So it just scrapes it in.

I have spoken with many Gaijin employees and they said it was July 1953.

#1444 TheAceOfAces

TheAceOfAces

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 Thanks

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:57 AM

I have spoken with many Gaijin employees and they said it was July 1953.

I honestly couldnt say myself as im not sure, I just got my source offa the Venom's Dev post.

http://forum.warthun...nt-venom-fbmk4/

dis_kush.jpg

''We shall fight them on the beaches and the landing ground's, we will never surrender, Unless they have Yak-9's... Then im out'' - Myself

#1445 ustinodj

ustinodj

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:57 AM

Oh mighty Lassar...

So, just a fast question, I have heard a couple devs say that there will NEVER. EVER. Be after-burning jets in game. Yet you have said some planes with afterburner are possible, but not likely? Can you put some closure to this? I will not tell the other devs if you have different plans  :secret:

Me: "Is a tree just a giant flower?" Friend: "No, trees have bark and flowers do not." Me: "Dogs have bark, and they are not trees."

ydEjX0.jpg

#1446 woodman_victory

woodman_victory

"In Mare In Caelo"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 Thanks

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:19 AM

Will the radar gun sight for the sabres be modeled in game at any point? 

AqhzVzX.jpg?1

Click my sig to go support the P-47M                                                                                                                                                                       

#1447 darkjabroni

darkjabroni

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3 Thanks

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:24 AM

Hi Lassar,

Will you add the possibility of destroying and disabling AAA turrets on ships with machine gun fire? I think it will make second attack runs easier for torpedo planes and divebombers if somebody strafed the deck first.

#1448 MrTrollinski

MrTrollinski

World's most polite troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 Thanks

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:30 AM

1 dumb question

2 all bombers will get their highest possible payload someday as lassar already said

dumb question

dumb question

7 whats que question exactly?

9 no

Fixed some of them for you

Umm, thanks for the reply, but I asked Lassar, not you :P

:salute:

#1449 FecesSniffer

FecesSniffer

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:53 AM

Do you have any plans for a top tier jet for the us navy line? Also, what do you think of late tier float planes such as the p5m marlin, p6m seamaster, Saunders-Roe SR.A/1, and Beriev Be-6?

#1450 Crag_r

Crag_r

Marshal of the Air Force

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 Thanks

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:47 AM

Are their plans to introduce some more useful speeds to the aircraft information or cards in game? 

Because currently we really only have "Vh" or maximum speed in level flight with max continues power. Such things like Never exceed speeds(Vne), maximum speed you can use full control deflection an not potentially cause structural damage, maximum flap or gear extension and operation speed, stall speed with configuration (flap, power and clean), best rate of climb speed ect would be much more useful.

Posted Image

#1451 Pacifica

Pacifica

Gaijin Forum Moderator

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 Thanks

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

Guys... Remember this is for Questions only... it is not for Discussions...

Discussions here will make it impossible for Lassar to spot REAL Questions that Players are trying to ask, and I would hate to see Players miss out on chances to Ask Questions...

If you have something to say, Start a new Thread or continue a Thread in progress somewhere appropriate, and or take it to PMs Thanks !

ci5o.png 

1st Wave Ground Forces Tester

My War Thunder Live Artwork

#1452 Alan5267

Alan5267

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:40 AM

Will we see a swordfish with float and another with rockets? if so when?

#1453 surfer78z

surfer78z

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

Hi Lassar!, I've just unlocked the japanese sabre, but I haven't bought it yet (although I could). The question is, should I buy it before the patch? I mean, if you are going to add some planes just before the F86F30, will I be able to buy it anyway or it'll be locked till previous added plane is fully researched? Thank you!

#1454 Hentai_H_Aira

Hentai_H_Aira

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:01 AM

Now some bomber often fly so high that no one can find him after attack ,it makes lots of fighter must take half hours to wait ground army failed

#1455 Lassar

Lassar

Pilot officer

• Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2676 Thanks

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

POPULAR

Closed. :)

Sorry, but I hope I will be able to give you all answers only on weekend. I'm a bit ill.  :salute:

#1456 Scarper

Scarper

Marshal of the Air Force

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 Thanks

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

Get better soon m8. o7

#1457 Lassar

Lassar

Pilot officer

• Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2676 Thanks

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:23 PM

finally i'm able to answer all these questions.

Let's begin!

#1458 Lassar

Lassar

Pilot officer

• Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2676 Thanks

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:48 PM

Firstly once the ASAP tree is complete in game will the following planes be considered or maybe sooner.

Bristol Buckingham

Bristol Brigand

Vickers Windsor prototype

Woomera  2 built

Also I have noticed recently that RAAF web sites have different stats for the beaufort VIII then is in game

DAP Beaufort Mk VIII

Bristol Buckingham and Bristol Brigand. are possible some day, but I have doubts about Vickers Windsor.

Woomera sertanly should wait our decision about small aviation nations

And I don't see a big problem in increasing models of Beaufort

FIRST, also whats the eta on j21 and j29 ? ;D

After Italian Tech Tree

is the penetration dependant on the plane's speed?

Yes, it should be so.

Who is working on FM for AB? ElBarca said it's not his area in this question http://forum.warthunder.com...75188 I thought only one 'team' working on FM. :dntknw:

That's could explain some differences between RB/SB and AB (i.e. in one mode plane can be easy to handle, when in other it's awful to fly)

AB has the same FM with some boosters for some parameters.

I don't know if this is your question but can we see this weirdo in game? http://en.wikipedia....iki/Vought_XF5U

We are not planning this aircraft

What happens in Arcade, Realistic Battle, and Simulator Battles respectively, when you drop your bombs or fire your rockets?

Does your plane lose the drag they originally had by carrying them? If so how much?

Yes, dropping bombs has its influence on aircraft FM. We have some data for several aircrafts how bombs on external bomb racks affect of aircraft. According to this data we tune all others aircrafts

Is it the same for all bombs rockets?

Yes

so here is one of mine
how about the poor view in some cockpits caused by reflexions?

especially in some FW190 i suffered by the immense effects in SB. while other planes have a good view.

i have found a bug report about it. how is the progress for it?

http://forum.warthun...s/?fromsearch=1

another thing is the dirt on some cockpit glasses.

are skins with clean glasses planned or are eg custom made ones allowed? (i personally think glasses should be clean in every cockpit as it was live insurance for every pilot and custom changes should not give an advance to players.)

I'll resend it to other developers about it

However, are we going to see the radius increased for hits to count? Otherwise, strategic bombers in RB/SB are now completely useless if they aren't carrying 1000lb bombs or greater

Ok. I will think about possibility to show it to you

#1459 Lassar

Lassar

Pilot officer

• Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2676 Thanks

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:56 PM

We know that Ki43 I is coming very very soon. Ki 43 II is with us since long time but.... what about Ki 43 III? Will it come as premium plane? May be  the mysterious japanese native premium in 1.43?

It'll be very proper. It keeps both maneuverability and agility same its small brothers but with double 20mm cannon and more powerful engine it could face higher aircrafts.

As I know, it's not a paper plane, but it came to late. But yes, I was thinking about this  craft as about premium for japanese nation

Any chance we will see the Heinkel He 280 prototype in WT, perhaps as an early tier 5 premium/limited availability plane for the German tree?

Not very soon, but yes, we will make it

Along a similar line, I'd like to ask if the Bell P-59 Airacomet will make it in? I know the USA has a ton of jets already but this would be an interesting pre-P-80 jet considering 66 were built and it shortly saw service with the USAAF. Armament of one 37mm cannon and three .50cal M2 Browning machine guns.

For USA it is more difficult to say. They have many interesting craft. I dare say too many. (and i'm saying it with great respect. But for me it's hard to choose)

1- In game there are both Bf 109 F-4, normal and tropical version, but only is trop version of the Bf 109 G2. Can we wait a future G2 no-trop?

If you ask me, I prefer to replace F-4 trop with something else. simular aircrafts is ok, but this situation is not very good anyway

In Dev blog we saw the new Yak 1 copick time ago, but not more info. Is it mean that yak 1 is coming in 1.43?

Yes, it will be in 1.43

can we add this?
aVQWXWK_460sa_v1.gif

me.323 is more possible ;)

Do we get working optics on planes which had em ? like Me 410/ hs 129

Well, I know about this problem, but now it depends not only on me

1. Will 1.43 most likely be released in September ?
2. What will the r2y2s, kikkas, and j7w1s br be like?
3. Will the other Japanese planes being released remain a secret or will you tell us?
4. Looking at pictures of the kikka it has rockets, will they be usable like RATO rockets or perform like the me-262s rockets?

1. Yes, for now.

2. Have no idea

3. We show you almost all of japanese aircrafts

4. It's possible we will get dropable RATO in 1.43 but not for all aircrafts

#1460 Lassar

Lassar

Pilot officer

• Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2676 Thanks

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:27 PM

s there any chance we will see a Kaasjager (cheesehunter) which is the F-86K (an F-86D sabredog armed with 4x 20mm (M39) and 24x 70mm mighty mouse rockets .

I think, no chances :(

1-will we be able to adjust the camera position in depth (point of view closer or farther from the tail of the plane), or change the FOV?

2-What do you think about this thread's proposition:

http://forum.warthun...s/#entry2986976

3- And this one as well:

http://forum.warthun...s/#entry2802752

1. It's a good idea at least

2. We are not going to add aircrafts requirements. It's a premiums anyway. Not a event-limited aircrafts. Anyway it will changing nothing in our  decision not to add 5 tier premiums.

3. It's more intresting suggestion. We have some plans about g-forces influence on pilot and aircraft. But still it's to early to announce something even here

Hello,Lassar!

1.You said RATO/JATOs are possible to be in 1.43.But still,can you confirm if they will be in 1.43 for sure? If yes,are the devs planning to show us a dev blog with screenshots of planes with their RATO/JATOs or even better-a video with a plane,taking off with such system?

2.You said that,the IL-28 will be in the IL-2/10's line? Why? IL-28 is a bomber,while IL-2/IL-10 are attacker.Yes,they're all from one "family" but the IL-28 should be in the bomber line.Can you change this if it's possible? Of course,you're the boss and the decisions are yours,just leaving this here.  :salute:

3.The Arado E.381 Kleinstjäger ( http://en.wikipedia....iki/Arado_E.381 ) sounds like a good idea.Althrough it wasn't actually built,it's still can be usable in WT,especially in the WW mode.Perhaps we can get it in the future? XF-85 too,althrough someone already asked about it.

I said about code mechanics. And it seems to be so

When it will be work properly, I will make a coub maybe

2. Still, It's all according to russian classification. Il-28 is a front-line bomber, closer to attackers, not to strategic bombers 

3. Arado E.381 is not possible, but goblin... yes, it's a good suggestion, but we will wait with it

Is there any chance to see the Sea Vixen? First flight is in the time frame but introduction is way later. But that plane is so incredibly sexy...

Introduction in 1959?

Any ETA on the D4Y?

Any ETA on the Do-17?

Are the BF-109 B/C still likely to come in 1.45?

Will the Ki-43-I have different armament upgrades as the actual plane (2x 7,7 ; 1x 12,7 + 1x 7,7 ; 2x 12,7)?

Will the new gun sounds that were discovered in the dev server be added in 1.41.30 or we will have to wait to 1.43?

Have you ever tought about an open-close cockpit mechanic that would allow you to fly with the cockpit open if you desire as some pilots did in real life or maybe in SB having to shut it open to bail out?

Not very soon

Possible till New Year

I wish to say yes, but let's wait

More likely it will be upgradeable

All visual models support it. A question is when  will programmers add this feature

1. Can the ki-98 be added
http://en.m.wikipedi...ki/Mansyu_Ki-98
2. Will the ki-202 be added
3. Will planes with ram jets or pulse jets be added. Maybe even variants of aircraft with ram/pulse jets such as me-262 w2 or the me-262 lorin

1. No unfortunately

2. 50/50

3. Technically, It's possible.

Now for the question - you stated that B-45 can't be added in favor of B-57 simply because it wouldn't be a proper counterpart to Canberra. But following such logic all other nations should get Canberra as well (and they obviously don't).

There are also many cases of planes with no counterparts in other nations and yet there is no issue in it.

Not to canberra, but to IL-28. Even so. I think possible will end with adding b-57B and canberra mk.6

hen will u reveal ur plans for minor nations? is it possible before the end of the year?

After releasing Italian Tech Tree in-game

Could show SPD and IAS at same time?

Why not? It's possible i hope. But not in 1.43.

Back to News discussion

Reply to this topic

10 user(s) are reading this topic

7 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users