Photo

Improving Modules Grinding in Advanced Game Modes.

Economy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 T3AWR3CKS

T3AWR3CKS

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

RP gain is influenced by many things. The tiering difference between the plane you're currently flying and the one you are researching as well as a bonus for playing in advanced game modes (x2 for RB, x3 for SB). One of the major changes from 1.35 to 1.37 was the change to the RP System, but what I noticed is that instead of applying said bonus directly in game, it is only applied after. Before, the XP was already modified in game resulted in a better progression for upgrades. This impacts the rate at which RB and SB player can grind modules as they are now making the same amount of progress towards unlocking upgrades as the players in AB while spending much more time. To fix this, the "Difficulty" modifier should be applied during the game, while the "Tier Difference" modifier should only have an effect on plane research.

Current ex:

Reward * Plane Reward Modifier * Premium Status = In Game Reward = Modifications RP

In Game Reward * "Difficulty" Modifier * " Tier Difference" Modifier = Plane RP

Fixed ex:

Reward * Plane Reward Modifier * Premium Status * "Difficulty" Modifier = In Game Reward = Modifications RP

In Game Reward * " Tier Difference" Modifier = Plane RP

PS: formatting might be awful. Currently on mobile.
Edit: Wording.

Edited by Rautaa, 04 July 2014 - 04:52 PM.

#2 Rautaa

Rautaa

Dance Commander

• Technical Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 Thanks

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

Thank you for the suggestion!  :salute:

Open for discussion.  :yes:

I9b4Yii.jpgcZxFPL6.jpgqlJKcWP.jpg

#3 NOA_

NOA_

Maître d’Art

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 Thanks

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

I like this. It's pretty evident that the RP gain to move on to new planes/tanks is much faster than for parts. It really should be the opposite, so reversing the format would be a decent start. I'd say lowering the RP needed for parts would be a good move to begin with, but I can live with trading plane research RP for module research RP.

My one gripe would be that once you've maxed your plane, a lot of RP will be wasted by being spent on nothing, unless you can allocate 100% of RP gain on a maxed plane towards researching a new plane.

#4 T3AWR3CKS

T3AWR3CKS

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

We wouldn't be trading it. Right now only plane research benefits from that multiplier. If "fixed", it could apply to both. Its basic maths.

#5 Sabzi

Sabzi

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 Thanks

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

Pretty much anything that would help with "stock grind" would be much appreciated in my books and seeing that this suggestion is not going too far (like "derp, gimme 5x rp nao") I can wholeheartedly agree.

And I also agree with NOA that something could be done with a fully upgraded planes mod RP. I understand that it's 2 completely different pool the modifications and planes so technically you are not losing RP, but you are gaining less if that makes sense.

#6 T3AWR3CKS

T3AWR3CKS

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:34 PM

Pretty much anything that would help with "stock grind" would be much appreciated in my books and seeing that this suggestion is not going too far (like "derp, gimme 5x rp nao") I can wholeheartedly agree.

And I also agree with NOA that something could be done with a fully upgraded planes mod RP. I understand that it's 2 completely different pool the modifications and planes so technically you are not losing RP, but you are gaining less if that makes sense.

What if we had 2 banks of "Convertible RP". The one we have right now which is gained by playing any plane and a second one, which would only accumulate by playing with fully upgraded or premium planes. For balance, I wouldn't allow that one to be shared between nations, but instead of using Golden Eagles, that one could use Silver Lions.

#7 Sabzi

Sabzi

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 Thanks

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

What if we had 2 banks of "Convertible RP". The one we have right now which is gained by playing any plane and a second one, which would only accumulate by playing with fully upgraded or premium planes. For balance, I wouldn't allow that one to be shared between nations, but instead of using Golden Eagles, that one could use Silver Lions.

Well it could work, but we really have more than enough currency as it is. Preferably we should have less. So I think that would be too complicated, not necessary bad, but complicated in my opinion.

And if I remember correctly the devs in one of the AMAs or Q&As explicitly said that they won't make it possible to research planes with mod RP, but maybe I'm mixing this with something.

There was a thread about fully upgraded planed mod RP problem somewhere on redddit or here where somebody suggested something that lots of us liked, but as you can see I can't remember where or what it was. It was quite a while ago, but I will try to dig for it.

#8 Sabzi

Sabzi

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 Thanks

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

Not editing, sorry, because it was a while ago. I have been searching ever since, but I can't find it or it was something else. The best I found was a post that I made:

This gave me an idea which might be dumb so I will throw it out and if it gets down voted I will know it was dumb.

How about with maxed planes you get increased rewards over time?

Now there's already different ways of approach I can think of:

• Plane gets a level bar when all modifications are fully researched and every new level would give +5% (number doesn't matter now) vehicle research bonus. Of course levels are increasingly harder to gain.

• There would be a modification which would give the bonus vehicle research bonus but it would be researchable more then one time, cost increasing every time. A variation of this would be just a one time researchable module with high cost. Or there could be a whole tier of this "research modules" each with different cost and corresponding bonus.

• You can "prestige" planes, once all modifications researched you get an option to start over, but with higher rewards for the plane. I find this pretty bad, but whatever.

All the above would use modification rp which would get wasted otherwise.

I don't know how I would feel with either implemented, but I felt I might as well post.

But this is not what I have been searching for. I wrote this post right after/before the submission I am looking for was made, but I had not read it yet (back then). Or something like that, I don't remember it was nearly 5 months ago.

Anyway, quoting my post not because I think they are good ideas, but maybe to inspire actually good ones. You know, brain storming, I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users