- Ground forces are now available for all players in open beta test
- New planes, which include cannon version of MiG-3, reference model of I-185, fleet version of B-25 - PBJ-1 in two modifications and two new Me-262 jets in the German tree, and new Spitfire fighters for Britain
- Cockpits for heavy fighters Ki-45
- Optimization of shadows and update of visual effects
- Updated ammunition and ballistics
- IL-10 with AM-42 engine, serial production of year 1946 (rank 4)
- I-185 with M-71 engine, reference model (rank 4)
- MiG-3 mod. 34 with AM-35A engine (rank 2)
- Messerschmitt Me.262A-1a/U4 Pulkzerstorer (rank 5)
- Messerschmitt Me.262C-2b Heimatschutzer II (rank 5)
- North American PBJ-1H (rank 3)
- North American PBJ-1J (rank 3)
- Supermarine Spitfire F Mk.XIVe (rank 4)
- Supermarine Spitfire F Mk.XIVc (premium - rank 4)
- Supermarine Spitfire F Mk.XVIIIe (rank 4)
Added Ground Forces for Open Testing.
List of Ground Forces added to the game during CBT (1.41 additions are marked in italics):
- BT-7 mod.1937
- GAZ-MM with anti-air cannon 72-M
- IS-2 mod. 1943
- IS-2 mod. 1944
- KV-1 with L11 cannon
- KV-1 with ZIS-5 cannon
- KV-2 mod.1939
- T-26 mod.1940
- T-34 prototype
- T-34 mod.1940
- T-34 mod.1941
- T-34 mod.1942
- T-34-57 mod.1943
- T-34-85 with D-5T cannon
- T-34-85 with ZIS-S-53 cannon
- T-54 mod.1951
- PzKpfw 38(t) Ausf.F
- Jagdpanzer 38(t) (Hetzer)
- Flakpanzer I ausf. A
- Sdkfz 6/2 Flak36
- Aufklarungspanzer 38(t)
- PzKpfw 38(t) Ausf.A
- PzKpfw II Ausf.C
- PzKpfw II Ausf.F
- PzKpfw III Ausf.E
- PzKpfw III Ausf.F
- PzKpfw III Ausf.L
- PzKpfw III Ausf.M
- PzKpfw III Ausf.N
- PzKpfw IV Ausf.C
- PzKpfw IV Ausf.F
- PzKpfw IV Ausf.F2
- PzKpfw IV Ausf.G
- PzKpfw IV Ausf.H
- PzKpfw V Panther Ausf.D
- PzKpfw V Panther Ausf.A
- PzKpfw V Panther Ausf.G
- PzKpfw V Panther Ausf.F
- Panther II
- PzKpfw VI Ausf.H Tiger
- PzKpfw VI Ausf.B Tiger II (Porsche Turm)
- PzKpfw VI Ausf.B Tiger II (Henschel Turm)
- PzKpfw VI Ausf.B Tiger II mit KwK46
- Sturmgeschütz III Ausf. A
- Sturmgeschütz III Ausf. F
- Jagdpanzer IV L48
- Panzer IV/70
- Panzerbefelhswagen Jagdpanther
- Panzerjager Panther
- Panzerjager Tiger
- Panzerjager Tiger (P) Ferdinand
- PzKpfw 748/2(a) (captured M4A2 Sherman)
Economy and Progression
- Me.410A-1/U4 and Me.410B-2/U4 are moved to 4th rank and separated from the main line of the two-engine fighters. Their research leads to Me.262A-1a/U4 Pulkzerstorer fighter. In new variant they are positioned after Hs.129, but its research is not required.
- PBY-5, PBY-5a are moved to the adjoining bomber line.
- OS2U-1, OS2U-3, SBD-3, TBF-1 are separated to one line with new PBJ-1H and PBJ-1J
- Changes in repair prices
- Changes in Battle Rating
- Battle statistic UI has been modified. Destroyed AI-controlled vehicles and aircraft are now displayed separately from the player controlled vehicles and aircraft.
- Accelerated research has been separated for aviation and ground forces.(RP Conversion NOT 2x etc)
- Added variants of “To Battle” button for aviation and ground forces.
- Tank battles: destroyed modules are now displayed with grey colour, all other colours show the damage stage of the modules: the closer to red, the more severe the damage is. Modules shown in grey also when you hit already destroyed modules.
- Ground forces decals are now separated to another group. Added new special decals for ground vehicles.
Graphics and Models
- Shadows on all setup settings has been greatly improved and optimised.
- Grass and plants has been updated in tank maps.
- Improved visual effects from hits on ground or ground targets for large-caliber aircraft cannons.
- Fixed visual effects from fragmentation and HEAT shell hits on ground targets.
- Fixed rare occurrence of additional tail and wing debris being shown
- New cockpits added:
Damage Model Changes
- Damage Model of AA units has been significantly changed to reflect real AA units.
- Changed ricochet chance for all types of shells at different impact angles. Chance to ricochet at extreme angles has been increased for all armour piercing shells, HEAT shell ricochet chance has been significantly reduced.
- Fixed repair algorithm for the gun breech and the gun barrel. Now these modules will be fully restored after the repair.
- Improved damage model of the tanks with add-on armour elements (add on plates, shields, additional tracks etc), now these objects will have the correct material and qualities. They are correctly included in the damage calculation after being hit.
- Fixed damage model of all anti air defence and artillery under AI control. Now their hitboxes more accurately represent the sizes of the weapon and the unit, fortification elements (bund walls, sand bags) will now protect the weapon from shell damage.
- Fixed 100mm shells: BR-412 and BR-412B forT-54 tank and SU-100 SPG.
- All new planes have been set up with proper FMs
- Speed loss while gliding is reduced for F-86 and MiG-15
- Overestimated fuel consumption rate has been fixed for F9F, MiG-9, F-80, F-84
- FM for Bf. 109 G-2 and G-6 - a bug that lead to reduced turning time - fixed. Turn time is now according to data sheets
- Indicated airspeed for P-40E fixed. Fuel consumption rate, roll rate, control stiffening corrected, thermodynamics reworked.
- Indicated airspeed for PBY Catalina fixed
- Wing aerodynamic centre for Yak-3 fixed
- FM changed for DH Vampire, He 162, Me 163 and Ki-200 (engines, control stiffening)
- A bug when non-retractable landing gear didn’t cause air resistance fixed
- Do-217E has been tuned according to data sheets.
Weapons and modifications
- Fixed reliability parameters of the T-160 20mm avia-cannon. The length of uninterrupted fire has been decreased, added increased spread from weapon overheat.
- Added variant of the ammo belts for BK-5 and MK-214A 5cm(50mm) avia-cannons with Armor-piercing high-explosive shells.
- MK.214a - 50mm cannon for Me.262C-2b has been added and tuned.
- Added bomb pylons for Fairey Swordfish that will allow it to take 4 250 pound bombs.
- M4 - 75mm cannon for PBJ-1H has been added and tuned.
- Added bomb pylons for F4U-1a that allows it to take one 500 or 1000 pound bomb.Fixed limitation bomb load dropping for loads on Ju-87
Missions and Maps
- Kursk and Krymsk locations have been updated.
- New Location "Spain" added.
- New Mission [Operation] Spain added.
- New Mission [Ground Strike] Spain added.
The War Thunder Team