136 replies to this topic

#1 Alpharius28

Alpharius28

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 Thanks

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

My new skin is based on the 1./JG 27 "Afrika". I'm still working out ways to make more detailed look to the planes so they don't look as freshly painted as I know some people don't really like that look where some do. Once again this skin also uses a basic damage model for now.

**WARNING** Do not add more than one skin into that folder it will not work. If you would like the Normal and Yellow Nose version running at the same time just make another folder with "1. JG 27 '42 Yellow Nose" then open up the .blk file with Notepad or whatever works for you then simply paste "1. JG 27 '42 Yellow Nose" at the top where it says (name:t="1. JG 27 '42"). Then save the document and it will show up in your camo select area. 

Here are all the links to each skin in both formats.

Normal Nose with Historical Markings: Here   |

|     (Download these at your own discretion) 

Yellow Nose with Historical Markings: Here    |

Normal Nose without Historical Markings: Here

Yellow Nose without Historical Markings: Here

Attached Files

"The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completly eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory." - Lord Solar Macharius

Thank from 1 User:

#2 Alpharius28

Alpharius28

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 Thanks

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:14 PM

Hey everyone!

Just thought it would post another skin I have made. This time it is for the Bf 110 C-4 and is painted after the Nachtjagdgeschwader 1 (NJG1). I have also included two version for this one as well, they are one with "Historical Markings" the other is without them. Plus I have also done the damage model too so hopefully you will see all the bullet holes that are normally shown when you get hit.

I would also like to give credit to a skinner that goes by the name of "RAF_Loke" he made some amazing templates for german aircraft which you can see on the model (the yellow triangles and red crosses).

With "Historical Markings": Here

Without "Historical Markings": Here

I have provided some screens below to show you the new skin.

As always I hope you enjoy them and more will come in the future.

Regards,

Alpharius28

Attached Files

"The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completly eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory." - Lord Solar Macharius

Thank from 2 Users:

#3 Alpharius28

Alpharius28

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 Thanks

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:21 PM

This skin that I have made is based on a replica of Romanian Ace Ioan Dicezare who flew the Bf 109 E-3 on the Eastern Front in 1942. This was also my first skin I ever did so may not be the best looking but when I learn better techniques in Photoshop I'm going to be updating it, also the damage texture is pretty basic it may not show any damage marks on the plane but will be updated in due time.

*Side note*: It looks a tad shiny in the hangar but it's not as bad when you are flying it plus it also comes down to your brightness settings too.

So without further a due here is the link to download the skin: Download Here

Attached Files

Thank from 4 Users:

#4 SlideRider

SlideRider

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 Thanks

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

Hello all,

Just finished my work on the B-17G "Yankee Lady", i can say that i am aware of this that this lady didn't flew any combat missons (like you can read beneath):

In 1946 the aircraft was one of 16 “Flying Fortresses” that were transferred to the U.S Cosat Guard. These aircraft were re-designated PB-1Gs, “P” signifying patrol, “B” denoting designed by Boeing, “1” for the first model of the type and “G” for Coast Guard.

Here some real pictures:

B17G-YankeeLady.jpg

B-17G-Flying-Fortress-Yankee-Lady.jpg

B-17_Yankee_Lady_nose_art.jpg

Here screenshots of my work: (i hope you like it + Damage model included - will post later in game pictures, here's just a hangar preview):

2lvl25t.jpg

33x8pwg.jpg

fbwb4p.jpg

o7qbk0.jpg

I love the "Yankee Lady" pin-up :3 tbh

20f2qlu.jpg

2hgbcc9.jpg

Thanks, and see you in the skies salute.pngsalute.png

ra3se9.jpg

It's only a game...why you heff to be mad?! -- https://www.youtube....h?v=xzpndHtdl9A

#5 Dirtyjoe

Dirtyjoe

Recruit

• Members
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:55 PM

If you want to create a custom skin for the F9F-2 Panther the game creates a template for the F9F-5 Panther. Probably not the only issue. Hope for a fix soon

Thank from 1 User:

#6 IceForge_XO

IceForge_XO

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:21 PM

So.. With this whole custom skin concept hitting us, What is the official statements on "historical markings" when it comes to swastikas? Since this has been a hot topic since pretty much day 1 ^^

#7 TheGreatCabbage

TheGreatCabbage

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8 Thanks

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

Nice skins! Thank you. :salute:

#8 Mangfish

Mangfish

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 Thanks

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:54 PM

So.. With this whole custom skin concept hitting us, What is the official statements on "historical markings" when it comes to swastikas? Since this has been a hot topic since pretty much day 1 ^^

Do whatever you want.  The skins are client side only so not a single person, besides yourself, is ever going to see it.  Enjoy yourself!

Edited by Mangfish, 15 April 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#9 The_Rainmaker

The_Rainmaker

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 Thanks

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:17 PM

are all skins client side or just the player made ones?

#10 Magic_Unicorn

Magic_Unicorn

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

I want a waifu skin.

#11 ITS_ALL_OGRE_NOW

ITS_ALL_OGRE_NOW

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

Looks cool, shame they're only client side.

'Do not pray for easy lives, pray to be stronger men!'

20icho2.png

#12 Tomyumkung

Tomyumkung

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

hello,
my friend just finished one Bf.109 F and G series custom skin while he wait for downloading patch
Lt.Gertrud barkhorn from strike witches

Download

sorry for bad english

63bJ4Kl.jpg

Wu1AcAo.jpg
7iuedvf.jpg
2WNScS9.jpg

#13 GlasVollDreck

GlasVollDreck

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:59 PM

Hello everyone,

Since the CBT was updated to enable people to make Custom Skins for aircraft and tanks I have been making my own stuff for everyone to use on the CBT and now I would like to share with you since 1.39 is now out!

I have only been making some for German aircraft since I do not own any Russian planes. But now that I am able to access all of the trees expect to see some Australian, British, French, Italian, USA and Japanese skins in the future.

The skins I make will generally come in a few flavors mostly with and without Historical Markings. The files will be hosted through MediaFire since they are too large to upload on the forums but I will provide the links to each skin. I'm also quite happy for others to post their creations on here too and help build up this topic for everyone to see.  

Installation Guide (with pictures):

Step 1: Once you have downloaded a skin you should have 3 files (<aircraft name>.tga, <aircraft name_dmg>.tga and <aircraft name>.blk).

Step 2: You must go to where you have your copy of the CBT installed. Easy way to find it is: Right click your desktop shortcut for the CBT>Properties>Open File Location>User Skins

Step 3: Make a folder with the name of the skin you have downloaded ie: "NJG.1 (without HM)" (without quotations) then simply place all the files into the folder.

Step 4: You're done! All you then need to do is pick the Aircraft/Tank you got the camo for then go into the "Customization" section then under "User Skins" you should your skin ready to be picked. And if you wish to disable it just select the "Disabled" option and if that is still not working just simply remove the skin from the folder where you placed it before. But I don't see anyone having to do that as it should be working fine in-game.

Regards,

Alpharius28 

When i do this, nothing happens, what am i doing wrong? It still says user skin deactivated.

#14 doriedd

doriedd

Pilot officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 Thanks

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

Looks cool, shame they're only client side.

I disagree, skins like this, whilst some people enjoy them, would wreck any sense of immersion or realism for me.

2WNScS9.jpg

Having them clientside means that people can indulge their personal interests in their skins, without people like me having their game invaded by it.

Edited by doriedd, 15 April 2014 - 10:18 PM.

http://live.warthunder.com/post/2829/

Tempest II Layered PSD Template

Thank from 1 User:

#15 Mike9606

Mike9606

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

Talking about custom skins, does GIMP work for doing it, or what tool should I get to make the custom skins. I would like it to be a free program if possible.

WT_sig843_zps8efbdf19.jpg

#16 doriedd

doriedd

Pilot officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 Thanks

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:37 PM

I use paint.NET for image editing. Lots of plugins for it and it's free.

#17 H_W_Schnaufer_

H_W_Schnaufer_

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:46 PM

Talking about custom skins, does GIMP work for doing it, or what tool should I get to make the custom skins. I would like it to be a free program if possible.

Yes Gimp works for these files. So get skinning!

jHGKUTt.png

Check out my skins here: http://live.warthund...H_W_Schnaufer_/

#18 Mike9606

Mike9606

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

Ok since GIMP works, how Do I get the template. If I need to have a template from the game itself I'm screwed. My download speed with my internet will take several hours possibly even a day :(s  to download 1.39 also Gaijin broke my CBT launcher. Yay.......

Edited by Mike9606, 15 April 2014 - 11:18 PM.

WT_sig843_zps8efbdf19.jpg

#19 doriedd

doriedd

Pilot officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 Thanks

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:34 PM

Ok since GIMP works, how Do I get the template. If I need to have a template from the game itself I'm screwed. My download speed with my internet will take several hours possibly even a day :(s  to download 1.39 also Gaijin broke my CBT launcher. Yay.......

The best way is to get the skins available in .psd form for Wings of Prey, a previous GJ game, most of them fit the WT skin templates, and are layered, so you can adjust the colours and patterns of the paintwork without adjusting dirt or smoke or panel/rivet lines.

If not a few kind chaps have posted the templates from WT on this forum, just search for it, but be warned, they are a single layer, and hence much harder to work with.

Link for first pack of WoP skins is here http://online.gaijin...es-Wings-Prey-1

as far as I know all apart from P-51 and P-47 work.

Edited by doriedd, 15 April 2014 - 11:35 PM.

#20 MainFrame1

MainFrame1

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:17 AM

It would be really nice if users could access the Skin Templates for Aircraft they have not unlocked yet.

I'm trying to do a set of Warhammer40k themed skins for the reddit community, but since I have not yet unlocked the B-17G or any of the Jets I can't access their Skin Templates.

Is there a way to change that?
Or would anyone be nice enough to send following Skin Templates to me ?
-FW-190 D-13
-B-17G

-Mig15 (bis or not, doesn't matter)
-Sabre (doesn't matter which version)

Thank you.

Edited by MainFrame1, 16 April 2014 - 12:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users