25 replies to this topic

#1 DevolvedOne

DevolvedOne

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

Since the grind takes so long I want my first jet to be a good one.  I'm entering research in T4 with the U.S., Great Britain, and Russia and was wondering which 1st tier jet would be the best.  I'm thinking American might be easiest for me to get since I have just enough Gold Eagles to buy the Spitfire to help with the grind, but if one of the other nations I mentioned has a better starter jet I'd be willing to focus my grind on that nation.  I'm especially curious about the two starter U.S. jets though as they both look like they could kick some xxx.

#2 BeyondTS

BeyondTS

MLG

• Game Master
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 Thanks

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

Well, Komet is not a jet, but get it.

CLICK HERE

PLBrhDs.jpg8xv6fa.jpgRIP JAGODA 1989-2014

#3 Gow

Gow

Derp Masta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 Thanks

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

F9f is good for the cannons but the f80 leads to a sabre f2 which decimated every thing with its guns

KozHdxc.jpg

#4 HeartBreak1

HeartBreak1

Pilot officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 Thanks

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

Go for the meteor f3, only to get to the F4. F4 L.W best jet in game.

R9DEifJ.jpg          rsz_sketch-58984721_zps84c626c5.png      hUrAm5Z.png   

WT Pilot since Beta 1.27.30.3

#5 RustyFred

RustyFred

Be water, my friend.

• Game Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 Thanks

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

Vampire best jet.

#6 DevolvedOne

DevolvedOne

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

Well, Komet is not a jet, but get it.

Well, that's not gonna happen any time soon.  I've not played much on the German side since I don't like their T1 or T2 planes.

#7 DevolvedOne

DevolvedOne

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

Vampire best jet.

I've read on these forums that it has a bad FM and handles/turns like a bomber??

#8 Don__Karnage

Don__Karnage

Scurvy of the Skies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 Thanks

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

I've read on these forums that it has a bad FM and handles/turns like a bomber??

he was trolling, it really sucks, you'd be lucky to accelerate past 500kph, all jets turn like bombers to an extent, but that is not the biggest problem of the vamp, the acceleration (or complete lack thereof) is its biggest problem.

Greetings and salivations fellow aviator! It is I, that panic provoking pirate, Don Karnage!

#9 p00k

p00k

Flight lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 Thanks

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

in those countries, if you want your *first* jet to be good, best jet you can get without having already bought another jet is the f9f panther.  bonus in that the tier4 planes in the panther line are excellent.  downside is eventually you'll want to go through the p51 and f80 to get the sabers

russia, mig9s are a bit of a disappointment, playable when upgraded, but still feel lacking.  after 2 mig9s though you get to the mig15s

brits, f3 meteors suck.  not as bad as the yak jets, but still.  the f4lw though is an excellent jet, and getting to it is faster than getting the mig15 through the 2 mig9s. 

#10 shptaln

shptaln

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:18 PM

The MiG-9 isn't good but it can teach you important things like keeping your speed always high (because it can't accelerate for floral). And it will lead you to the glorious sovetskiy MiG-15, not to mention we need more russian jet players.

Looks like the Vampire is correct, do you really expect an early centrifugal 3,100lbf engine to power a 3,300kg plane? The Me262 has a combined thrust of ~4,000lbf, weights only 500kg more and isn't a good plane.

Edited by Steyr, 28 January 2014 - 11:19 PM.

#11 Zansibar

Zansibar

Ey b0ss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 Thanks

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:18 PM

Panther is a lot of fun in AB.

F.3s are good, don't get me wrong, they are just as good as the Yak-15/17s, MiG-9s, Me-262s and the He-162.

jHcqlTp.jpg

#12 noVel

noVel

Flight lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 28 Thanks

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

I'd aim for the Panther line too, then use both the F9F-2 and the F9F-5 to research the rest of F80 and Sabre line.

JytVNzT.jpgQz5H1xp.jpg

In support of adding the: F2H Banshee, FJ-2 Fury and F9F-6 Cougar 

#13 Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka

Squadron leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 46 Thanks

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

leave the jets for the elitists who think their bick is digger because they fly a meg or a saberu

Edited by rozsomak, 28 January 2014 - 11:26 PM.

#14 Zansibar

Zansibar

Ey b0ss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 Thanks

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

leave the jets for the elitists who think their bick is digger because they fly a meg or a saberu

Y u het :c

jHcqlTp.jpg

#15 Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka

Squadron leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 46 Thanks

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:05 AM

Y u het :c

I'm evil

#16 DevolvedOne

DevolvedOne

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:32 AM

I'd aim for the Panther line too, then use both the F9F-2 and the F9F-5 to research the rest of F80 and Sabre line.

Yeah, I think that's the direction I'm gonna go.  Guess I got the rest of my year planned out for War Thunder.  But really, I do wonder how long it will take to get my first jet as I am just now researching my first plane in T4.  A month maybe?

#17 iYRe

iYRe

Flying officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 Thanks

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:40 AM

I have all 6 brit jets.. gets expensive losing 5 of em just to have one decent one (the LW).

I think f80/f9 is the way. 

Even flying rank 4 planes it takes a frickin long time to get one.

I started the day of 1.37,a dn play every day, and I am only 3/4 of the way to an f80

You will trample on the wicked, for they will be like ashes under the soles of your feet on the day which I am preparing,” says the Lord who rules over all.(Mal 4:3) - Honorificabilitudinitatibus

#18 DevolvedOne

DevolvedOne

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:56 AM

I have all 6 brit jets.. gets expensive losing 5 of em just to have one decent one (the LW).

I think f80/f9 is the way. 

Even flying rank 4 planes it takes a frickin long time to get one.

I started the day of 1.37,a dn play every day, and I am only 3/4 of the way to an f80

Hmmm, yeah, I started on Jan. 1 of this year and I have just reached T4 in U.S., G.B. and U.S.S.R., and I'm T3 in Japan and T2 for Germany.  I'm not really sure if that is fast, slow or average, but I've unlocked a total of 123 planes with 746 arcade battles (yeah, I play a lot). :?s  I think I could get it in a month after I buy that T4 Spitfire.  I just wonder if I should buy the pack with the Mustang in it or if it would be too underpowered in arcade mode to even take advantage of its premium status.

Edited by DevolvedOne, 29 January 2014 - 01:56 AM.

#19 Skogz

Skogz

CAT Behavior Consultant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 Thanks

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:00 AM

I've hears early US jets are really good, researching F-80 now

Edited by Skogz, 29 January 2014 - 02:00 AM.

"Today, I was sitting in my class. I was thinking about something random or thinking about the subject my professor was talking about... next thing I know, I hear the War Thunder P-51 buzzing in my head... but that was in my head, I was craving the real thing. I wanted to run home, log on, and take off from the run way and hear the buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... like while I was walking, I actually start making buzzing nose by humming or something... the dude walking in front of me in the hall way looked behind him to see what I was going on... it was weird... I also had the craving to see the P-51 puff puffed while it buzzed..." - DaFightaBomma

#20 iYRe

iYRe

Flying officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 Thanks

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:02 AM

Hmmm, yeah, I started on Jan. 1 of this year and I have just reached T4 in U.S., G.B. and U.S.S.R., and I'm T3 in Japan and T2 for Germany.  I'm not really sure if that is fast, slow or average, but I've unlocked a total of 123 planes with 746 arcade battles (yeah, I play a lot). :?s  I think I could get it in a month after I buy that T4 Spitfire.  I just wonder if I should buy the pack with the Mustang in it or if it would be too underpowered in arcade mode to even take advantage of its premium status.

The problem with the spitfire is that when people like me see it, we slap it like a red headed step child.. because its the most dangerous plane.

Although, I was in a battle the other night with SEVEN of the damn things on the other team.. in a group... had to pick em off one by one, and it got expensive.

The mustang is fine :P I have like, 4 or 5 of them. You just need to, as with all planes, work out how to fly them in a way that fits the plane, and your style.

You will trample on the wicked, for they will be like ashes under the soles of your feet on the day which I am preparing,” says the Lord who rules over all.(Mal 4:3) - Honorificabilitudinitatibus

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users