Casimir

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

POPULAR

Hello People

This Thread is dedicated to making Warthunder work with FaceTrackNoIR, TrackIR or Freetrack.

FaceTrackNoIR (Recommended!) (Link)

Use may use this software for tracking:

- your beautifull face only

- your selfbuild IR-antlers

- a bought TrackIR-Device (you could use the provided software as well though)

1.) Just install the most up to date Software. (1.7 (as of 18.03.2013))
2.) Copy "tirviews.dll" to your Facetrack-folder. You may get it from an installation of the TrackIR-Software
3.) Restart Facetrack
4.) Click "Settings" -> Check "Use tirviews.dll". Choose "Freetrack 2.0" as game-protocoll. (TrackIR first, Freetrack hide)
5.) Make sure, tracking is working for you by watching the video feed with the yellow marker. (You may have to approach your camera until the tracking starts to work)

6.) You may not be able to setup an axis for the headtracking device. Just start a testflight and try it. It will work fine.

7.) Adjust your curves setup to your need. (I will post my working settings when i come home)

Spoiler

TrackIR (NaturalPoint)
1.) Just install the most up to date Software. If you experience input lag, try an older version of the Software. (For example Version 4.1.038 - Final)
2.) After you install WarThunder you need to go into the TrackIR program and click on the top left corner button and then "Check for game updates."
3.) Run the Control-Setup-Wizard. You may need to use "simplified" or "full". Answer "yes" when asked for using a headtracker.
4.) You may not be able to setup an axis for the headtracking device. Just start a testflight and try it. It will work fine.
5.) Here is a video on youtube, explaining how to setup TrackIR.

FreeTrack (Not longer recommended; no more updates) (Homepage)

Spoiler

Tips for setting up your controlls ingame:
- You may want to disable mouseview completely, so it does not interfere with your settings.
- For best results setup a small deadzone followed by a long linear space up to 180° You should not need to turn your head more than 2 to 4 cm.
- For an overview on cameras take a look here. (Freetrack Homepage)

Known Problems:
- My view is way off center after being shot down or switching views! (TrackIR / FT)
Spoiler

- I started a testflight, but tracking does not work!

Spoiler

- My PS3-Eye camera only works with 25-30 fps

Spoiler

(If you like this thread, please click the "+1"-button on the left :-) )

Casimir

Edited by Casimir, 29 November 2013 - 11:25 AM.

survived129.jpgunsc_casi_logo.png

Hardware:

Spoiler

#2 Casimir

Casimir

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

*reserved*

Hardware:

Spoiler

#3 Carthoo

Carthoo

Squadron leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

Thanks m8 - only question - is there a cheaper way of getting TrackIR somewhere? I am walking catastrophy when it comes to build something more complicated than PC, so I wont be able to build Free Track device.

Best price I found in my country is 4800 CZK = 236 USD = 191 EUR.

I want it really bad, coz flying in cockpit view without that is madness...yet its little too much for me right now.

#4 Vernum

Vernum

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

Is that the price with shipping included? http://www.simw.com/...ult/?q=track ir seems cheaper but if you include shipping its probably the same.

#5 Guest_Phenom_*

Guest_Phenom_*
  • Guests
  • Thanks

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

Cart I live 40 miles from where they make the bugger, let me know I could pick one up and ship it to ya( since our money aint worth sht no more may be cheaper that way) we should talk

#6 LeLv30_Superbus

LeLv30_Superbus

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

TrackIR 5 working perfectly here. Tried all the tier 1-5 fighters so far, no problems except I can stick my head through the glass a little bit. I don't know if it's intentional.

#7 Vernum

Vernum

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

Cart I live 40 miles from where they make the bugger, let me know I could pick one up and ship it to ya( since our money aint worth sht no more may be cheaper that way) we should talk

If you have any contact with them, ask them to make that flimsy trackclip pro sturdier please :p

#8 LeLv30_Superbus

LeLv30_Superbus

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

Seconded, but I was told Naturalpoint is aware of the problem already. =^)

If you have any contact with them, ask them to make that flimsy trackclip pro sturdier please :p

#9 Casimir

Casimir

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

Carthoo: It's really no skill involved with building your own headtracker. Material sums up to 5-10€ ... 40€ If you need to buy a webcam and a soldering iron starter kit. I did it in one hour with no soldering experience except for torturing ants as a little boy ;-p

And with the PS3-Eye webcam you have stable 75-150 fps, depending on your chosen resolution, leading to a very smooth and immersive experience.

Hardware:

Spoiler

#10 Casimir

Casimir

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

update 24.08.2012

Hardware:

Spoiler

#11 Lemsko

Lemsko

Tuff Innanet Wannabe Fighter Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 Thanks

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

this should be pinned

Certified Arrogant Know It All Snob

mlw.gif

#12 nosensu

nosensu

Pilot officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

My Tip:
Freetrack works great with one led only. Low cpu usage and very stable.

#13 Casimir

Casimir

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

Yeah, but dont forget to mention, that you only have one dimension with only one led. No Looking up and down and no head movement inside the cockpit. Just looking around on the x-axis.
It's not bad, but as it is soooo easy to solder two more leds in your hat, i wouldnt recommend the one-led solution.

Hardware:

Spoiler

#14 nosensu

nosensu

Pilot officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

Yeah, but dont forget to mention, that you only have one dimension with only one led. No Looking up and down and no head movement inside the cockpit. Just looking around on the x-axis.
It's not bad, but as it is soooo easy to solder two more leds in your hat, i wouldnt recommend the one-led solution.

Not quite right . ;)wop You can combine two head move dimension with one freetrack axis. I have Yaw and and head move X in the same freetrack axis( but dtifferent sensitivity) . When I look right my head also moves (little) right so when I look right back I look behind pilot's chair. Same with Pich and Y. It's more natural to me than 3 point reversed view when you look back. :01212:

#15 dhyran

dhyran

Senior, old xxxx, Spreyside

• Flight Model Designer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

Additional i like to add FacetrackNoIr
My Son uses it, http://facetracknoir...ome/default.htm

Works with a webcam, and works with Warthunder too!
There is a list of supported Webcams, give it a try Gents, its a cheap version of Trackir at the end...

<S>
dhyran - CO ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~ www.loose-deuce.net/ ~ Join the Warthunder Duelling League http://www.hall-of-aces.org/

Posted ImagePosted Image

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

#16 Casimir

Casimir

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

Thanks, Dhyran. I updated the main post and will try it out eventually.

Hardware:

Spoiler

#17 MrFunnyPants

MrFunnyPants

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

I tried it with Facetracknoir and it works pretty good. You need a very good webcam and a lot of light, but then it works.

#18 dietzart

dietzart

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

I have a fully operating Track IR5 that has been good to me in Il-2 ,RoF & CloD,but it doesn't seem to operate here in WarThunder.I am a complete noobie here so there might be an activator I've simply overlooked.I have a FFB stick which I've programmed thru the full program option & I have seen a TrcIR option with Mouse buttons as well , but I haven't got the darn thing working no matter what i try.Can you help?

#19 Kulden

Kulden

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

I can't even get Facetracknoir to even track my head movements. Can anyone help? Nevermind I got it working, but now it seems to be extremely sensitive.

#20 Parmenides

Parmenides

Recruit

• Ground Forces Tester
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

I have a fully operating Track IR5 that has been good to me in Il-2 ,RoF & CloD,but it doesn't seem to operate here in WarThunder.I am a complete noobie here so there might be an activator I've simply overlooked.I have a FFB stick which I've programmed thru the full program option & I have seen a TrcIR option with Mouse buttons as well , but I haven't got the darn thing working no matter what i try.Can you help?

I have a Saitek X52 Pro and fully operation Track IR 5 , also newbie here, and after going through the Trac IR Option and enabling it nothing happens at all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Freetrack, Headtracking, TrackIR, TIR, FT, Naturalpoint, FaceTrackNoIR, FaceTrack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users